Kathi

Jun 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
HI I have a 1994 Hotspring Hightlife K series that until recently was trouble free with proper maintenance. I had a person at Leslie's pool tell me that the water was really bad and to drain it an put in some "stuff" (I don't remember what it was). Ever since I have had stuff growing in the spa. It grows on the decorative "tile " in two spots, in the filter compartment and even the underside of the spa cover. I need steps to totally remove all spores and start over. I just don't know where to start! I actually want to call Tucson Hot Tubs and see if they do a purging service. Any suggestions?
Kathi

Get some Ahhhsome spa cleaner and purge the tub. How do you test your water chemistry? TFTestkits.net carries both Ahhsomme and test kits.

Reactions: Mdragger88
No idea what Serum is.
You would have to check with TFTestkits on shipping. You can pay for expedited shipping.
Watch what test kit you get. Be sure it is the K2006C. That is equivalent to the TF100.

Thank you for the reply I just ordered from Amazon the Ahh-Some and the Spa Serum after reading the whole testing purge blog. The produce that used previously was the spa purge because I recall the insane amount of foam produced. I am looking forward to purging my spa with Ahh-Some and getting it set up correctly. I know I have been a bit lax, but I vow to mend my ways. I will upgrade my testing from the test strips to the real process and see how it goes from there. I appreciate this forum and the ability to find solutions. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.