Spa blowing bubbles when pump on high speed, in pool mode

I had a Whisperflo 1.5 Uprated 2 speed pump installed recently to replace an older Max-e-glas 2 HP full rated.

The new pump clearly moves more water despite same total HP. What is strange is that "sometime" when it starts on high speed it will pull air from the little tube by the elevated spa (assume this is where the spa bubbles come from). This is despite the pool being in "pool mode", not "spa mode". IE the intake is coming from the pool and the returns are split between the pool and the spa.

Do I have a problem? Is the pump "too strong" for my plumbing?

I expect you just need some minor fine tuning. You can stop the spa from bubbling by sending more water to the pool and less to the spa. With an automation system, that means adjusting the cams in the automatic valve actuator so it stops in a slight different position that will send a bit more water to the pool.

I had a Whisperflo 1.5 Uprated 2 speed pump installed recently to replace an older Max-e-glas 2 HP full rated.
Did you mean the opposite? A 1.5 HP uprated pump is the same as a 1 HP full rated pump, not a 2 HP full rated pump.

Also, when changing pump lines, it isn't 1:1 translation either.

Adjusting the cams is mildly annoying, but not really difficult. You just need to be methodical. They talk about adjusting the cams in the manual starting on page 7. There are also a number of videos on YouTubs showing how to do it.

I expect that the actuators need a slight adjustment because the new pump doesn't exactly match the old pump. It should only require a slight teak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.