Spa air blower splash

blower off is nothing. Like normal circulation with heat. (There are 6 “jets”, 4 spa and 2 circulation — they expel when in pool mode).

When blower wed is on, it bubbles onto deck like in first post video. Little travel w high force vs good travel and gentle force.

- - - Updated - - -

So I get nothing like this:
https://youtu.be/hX__lNy5Azk

its all this:
https://youtu.be/eq4-neLNTpQ

so, it’s either nothing (blower off) or total back splash - like https://youtu.be/eq4-neLNTpQ

Can you lower the spa water into pool just below jets and then turn on the spa jets without blower. You should have a strong stream from each jet, if not check each jet for blockage in the orfice which is up inside the jet. A picture of the equipment plumbing could also help

Ok, so I don’t suspect clogging but I’ll drain the spa and see. The “jets” are standard pool returns. I think there’s a galley link to my setup in the signature.

I’m not quite sure I follow the steps.
How do I turn on the spa jets without the blower? Isn’t that default?

Not knowing how the jets are plumbed the first step is to make sure the pump is on and the valves are directing the water to the spa only. I see you have automation so this should occur when you turn on the spa. Make sure the spa suction and spa jets valves are turned to the proper position. Usually the blower is on another relay, so check first that your jets are producing a strong stream out of all them. Just drain enough water back to pool to get below the jets

Colly Hrap 9” of extension w deep socket still not enough.

Im reluctant to remove them.

- - - Updated - - -

Not knowing how the jets are plumbed the first step is to make sure the pump is on and the valves are directing the water to the spa only. I see you have automation so this should occur when you turn on the spa. Make sure the spa suction and spa jets valves are turned to the proper position. Usually the blower is on another relay, so check first that your jets are producing a strong stream out of all them. Just drain enough water back to pool to get below the jets

correct.
I’m solid on the valves.
Theyre proper. Pump suction is spa only, return is spa only.
Good flow and pressure from jets when in spa mode

blower does turn on, separate relay / aux.
shares a breaker with fountain pump.

bubbles just run up the wall and out of the spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
o66jVFv.jpg

Need help:
There are 6 jets in the Spa.
When I drain the spa, 1 fills the spa (let's call this one #4). This I presume is the recirculate (in pool mode) to keep water filtered in the spa - as source is pool skimmers.

When I run Spa mode, the #4 jet seems to have vacuum/suction. Any idea why?

Also, #2 has some suction in spa mode. It doesn't really seem to do anything, so I wonder if this one IS clogged. Thoughts? (Would a plugged jet have suction in spa mode)?

Remove the exterior fittings and use a long socket wrench to remove the jet nozzles and see if you can't clear the lines.

Can you please show me what you have for your jets? It looks like I have the same kinds of jets and I'd like to replace them and also I'm curious what I'd need to have some eyeballs or whatever you have to aim the jets? I only have a threaded hole for the jets. The pipe coming from the jets out from the spa wall is smooth walled pvc without threads. Is there a slip fitting I can buy?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.