Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Beautiful to look at. Now go away. ;) Pump is running. All is good. :goodjob:

full

full

full

Last edited:
It’s beautiful for the first day or two. Then it starts getting dirty. Yuck. For now though that is the perfect amount of blanket for the pretty factor.

I dunno about y’all, but I’m kinda getting sick of watching history unfold right before our eyes !!! What else is 2020 V2.1 gonna throw at us ? :ROFLMAO:

Just posted to the Pool Paradise thread too...I somehow missed this thread before...

Water to the house froze maybe 4 days ago, can't keep track of the days we've been snowed in so long. Rolling blackouts for the last 3 days. Somehow the pool pump is still operable even after losing power for 3-4 hours at a time in single digit temps. Tree limbs falling all around us. Ready for this freeze to go home but we've got 3 more days to go before the thaw begins. More snow forecast for tomorrow. Worst of all we ran out of beer yesterday. The horror.IMG_0740.jpg

Just posted to the Pool Paradise thread too...I somehow missed this thread before...

Water to the house froze maybe 4 days ago, can't keep track of the days we've been snowed in so long. Rolling blackouts for the last 3 days. Somehow the pool pump is still operable even after losing power for 3-4 hours at a time in single digit temps. Tree limbs falling all around us. Ready for this freeze to go home but we've got 3 more days to go before the thaw begins. More snow forecast for tomorrow. Worst of all we ran out of beer yesterday. The horror.View attachment 176122
Those are real icicle lights

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ouch, that looks like some freezing rain on those lights.

This time Dallas got honest to god, real, pure snow and it is such a welcome change to the normal freezing rain, ice, sleet, snow combo that we get that makes everything super slick. That has been the only good thing about this storm, but I am ready for it to go back where it came from and dont come back for another 10+ years.

Ouch, that looks like some freezing rain on those lights.

This time Dallas got honest to god, real, pure snow and it is such a welcome change to the normal freezing rain, ice, sleet, snow combo that we get that makes everything super slick. That has been the only good thing about this storm, but I am ready for it to go back where it came from and dont come back for another 10+ years.
I will take 20"+ of snow before ANY ICE at all; no question about it!

Reactions: Newdude
Temps hitting the 50s today. Much of the snow has thawed. Water to the house is back w/o much damage. Pool heat pump didn't show any leaks. I didn't give it time to warm anything. Water temp is 40. The polaris pump is making an awful sound and the polaris itself isn't moving. If that's the only thing that got damaged we were really fortunate.

I hope everyone else gets lucky, too!

Temp is 55 at noon. Running the robot for the second session today. First time filled up in an hour. Standby generator kept the VSP running throughout the so-called rolling blackouts, which were on "guard duty" schedule (2 hours on, 4 off). Every time the power went off, the generator came on 8 seconds later and the pump reprimed. Water feature pump is frozen, probably DOA when it defrosts. Backflow preventer on the autofill broke. At least 100 or more birds in the yard throughout the freeze. We kept 4 feeders full, and I periodically took hot water out to melt the birdbath.

A lot of political finger pointing going on right now. 40% of Texas' generating capacity was down for the coldest sustained temperatures in 30 years. Even the South Texas Nuclear plant was out of service. Texas electricity market system does not reward generating facilities for better winterization generally--although it did for a few days when wholesale electrcity peaked at over $10 per kwh!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.