Danimal92Sport

Jul 5, 2017
Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
God I hate our brains playing tricks on us. My rectangle pool was laser straight but the yard sloping on 3 sides always made it look cartoonishly twisted like your 2nd pic.

Looking SWEET besides the optical illusion. (y)

The iPhone 12 camera can really make a super flat yard look twisted, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude

Danimal92Sport

Jul 5, 2017
Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
How are they going to finish off that well point close to the pool.

That’s the drain pipe to enable me to drain water from around the shell. We live way above the water table and have sandy soil, so I doubt any water will accumulate there, but the builder insists on this for FG builds. They will trim and attach a skimmer cover to it matching my other one.

Tcadwall0

Gold Supporter
May 19, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
They will trim and attach a skimmer cover to it matching my other one.
I had travertine done, and added pre-drilled travertine covers. The sump and the skimmer. Other than a thumb sized hole, it matches the travertine. No one notices that they lift up unless I point it out. The only time I have had to pump water from the sump was during build when we had heavy rain and the decking wasn't installed yet.

Reactions: Danimal92Sport

Danimal92Sport

Jul 5, 2017
Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
The equipment pad was poured yesterday, so the plan today is to run electrical from my main panel, mount all equipment on the pad, finish all plumbing, configure the automation panel, and actually kick the pump on. They’re having the Hayward rep come out to help configure the automation system because this is a small town and they don’t do these very often…. This is the first OmniPL they’ve done, as it’s a newer system.

Looks like we’ll end up with a deck slope of 1” over 3 feet where the pool deck meets up with the brick patio. They were shooting for 1/2”, so that’s somewhat annoying. Hopefully it doesn’t present a trip hazard or doesn’t feel awkward? It’s only 3’ of concrete leading to the pool steps, as the brick patio is our hangout spot where chairs and tables (with my beer glass :cool:) will be placed.

Thoughts on that slope at about 1/3” per foot?

Danimal92Sport

Jul 5, 2017
Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Plumbing and electrical to the pad finalized today, electrical ran from house main panel to automation panel, and they started laying out the pad. Bonding around the pool was also completed. Unfortunately, the filter shipment was delayed until tomorrow so they’ll have to finish equipment mounting, plumbing, and wiring tomorrow. Hoping they’ll kick on the pump and get things filtering and check for leaks tomorrow. Then it’s rain on Friday along with bonding inspection.

Anyone have any feedback on the concrete deck slope of 1” over 3’? It’s more than I’d like, but hopefully not too bad?
2E4E9474-93BD-4C26-A3E6-55FB3966946A.jpeg
248FB6F3-85A7-4FF8-9D47-4D27479008BE.jpeg

Last edited:

Danimal92Sport

Jul 5, 2017
Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
These guys have had to deal with endless tree roots under these 100 year old trees. Most of them are small, but everywhere. Sometimes, they deal with ones the size of my arm, but they’ve never complained :). Unlike me, the times I’ve had to dig anywhere in this yard…

39C961B5-0753-4FBB-98A7-5BF2C22D7451.jpegFE13660A-EE82-41D6-8B85-21F6DD893C41.jpeg

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Unlike me, the times I’ve had to dig anywhere in this yard…
A sawzall is king here for future use. Just kinda expose the parts you need gone and cut the root and remaining dirt in one shot. Then you’re clear to dig freely.
Anyone have any feedback on the concrete deck slope of 1” over 3’? It’s more than I’d like, but hopefully not too bad?
It’s already a little more than standard. (1/4 inch per foot). All good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Danimal92Sport

Jul 5, 2017
Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Big day! They got the pool fully back filled with gravel, deck jet & basketball hoop anchors set, and automation & equipment running today. We’re now filtering, heating, and the lights work! I’m currently doing LC to keep FC levels in check, and I’ll add CYA and potentially salt tomorrow to get the SWCG online. My boys and I took a swim when the pool was 70F - was so cold but fun!

I’m just kinda over the backyard being torn up and my brick patio being nasty. I’ve only been dealing with this for 1 week - so kudos to those that have dealt with very long pool builds and have stayed positive! I could have used some of that today…

I’m loving the OmniLogic automation - so sweet! I’ve been doing it all from my phone so far and love it.

Daytime pool pic is from this morning before the pump was running - things are clearing up since then.

E60AC2B9-7B64-4921-842D-1E4A8950BDF9.jpeg
F8C757B6-0FC0-4B5E-83D2-6F1DBDE1A64E.jpeg
5907E37E-2BDC-476B-92AF-A1CDF341989B.jpeg

Last edited:

Danimal92Sport

Jul 5, 2017
Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I left the pump running at about 2000 RPM for 5-6 hours last night and the pool looks MUCH clearer. They are currently pressure/leak down testing the system. They gave me the cheap vacuum today, as I’m not going to purchase a robot until next season. I’ll add salt today or tomorrow and will hopefully get the SWCG running. Pics here in a bit.

Reactions: Newdude

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Just to be sure, you’ve seen that salt needs to mix for 24 hours, correct ? Even if it appears gone the content in some areas may be very high or even sludge-y and you don’t want either going through your cell while it’s on. (It can pass through while off just fine).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support