Source for buying Calcium Chloride

Puritech runs at $3/lb but I can only seem to find a 5lb bag on Amazon. Robelle and RxClear has 25lb bags on Amazon, sitting at or just under $2/lb. They all say 100%, any reason not to trust it?

My CH is sitting around 200-225 (week to week measurement variance I would guess). Pool math target is 350, but I’ve seen other posts that say to target 300. Should I err on the 300 side?

Sort of depends on your fill water CH and evaporation. If you have to add fill water that has CH in it due to evaporation, then leave it and let your pH reside at a higher level of 7,8 or so. If you gets loads of rain and never have to add fill water, then raise your CH to 250-300 ppm .

I’m in North Texas and have owned this pool for a little over a year so I’ve only paid attention that long, but so far I would say in the summer we have to fill every couple weeks due to evaporation. The CH level has never really fluctuated beyond 200-225 even with refilling every couple weeks. pH is always riding high, I add muriatic acid All the time to lower it to 7.6 but it quickly gets to 7.8 and then slightly more slowly goes up to 8.2 if I’m not aggressive about it.

Mansfield is near the Louisiana border north of the Houston area, right? So you get rain.
Raise your CH to 250 ppm or so.
Do you have water features that run continuously? That can raise your pH.

Slightly south and central to DFW, we do get rain, definitely not arid or anything. I actually finally got my waterfall fixed today, before it was only successfully running once a month (if that), so no not continuous. Primary pump was spitting air bubbles for a long time, finally got it fixed as well a couple of weeks ago, but I still see the pH rise pretty fast. Alkalinity runs around 70.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With a good TA and lower CH, your pH can easily sit at 7.8 or 8 and cause no issues. So I would not force it lower just because.

With higher pH, scale is really the only issue. Very high pH (above 8.2) can cause eye irritation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.