Soon to be New Build- NC

NCMike

Jan 31, 2020
Raleigh, NC
Electronic Controls: Jandy RS-PS16, I Aqua Link, Additional actuator for sheer descents
Maybe some of the more experience people can chime in here but this seems oversized your for application. The RS-PS16 can control up to 16 different functions. They also make a RS-PS8 and RS-PS12. You may be able to save money by downsizing on this. Might not be much but worth asking the pool builder to explain what is actually being automated.

Pleinjane

Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2018
Chapel Hill NC
Maybe some of the more experience people can chime in here but this seems oversized your for application. The RS-PS16 can control up to 16 different functions. They also make a RS-PS8 and RS-PS12. You may be able to save money by downsizing on this. Might not be much but worth asking the pool builder to explain what is actually being automated.
Thanks Mike. So that's what the 16 means... there's still a lot of research I need to do since some of this stuff is still way over my head. I have a spreadsheet of all things pool, and I've added all the recommendations I've seen here. I may just have them in the wrong spots!

NCMike

Jan 31, 2020
Raleigh, NC
No problem, they also have a 4 and a 6 version. I would want 1 or 2 empty spots available for additions down the road like landscape lighting, etc.. I would want to know before I signed what is included in the automation and whats not.

Pleinjane

Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2018
Chapel Hill NC
I like what I see and like how and why you moved the spa! Well done!!

NOPE!! The minerals will build up over time and cause problems such as staining down the road. You need a SWG that is rated for 2x the size (gallons) of your pool.

For the placement of the light make sure they are placed so they will not shine in eyes where seating is like the patio by the house. You DO want to light up the shelf and steps into the pool.
LED Lights - yes, good point and I mentioned to the PB I wanted to make sure they weren't going to be pointing toward the house! Now to finesse the LED placement for the steps without blinding people on the patio.

So I may have confused the PB when I said I wanted the pool to be salt water... he made me sign something that says I'm aware of the corrosive nature, blah blah blah... but maybe that's really not what I wanted. I repeated myself telling him I wanted a salt water generator 2x the gallons of my pool. Maybe I should've been more specific... and more knowledgeable!

Pleinjane

Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2018
Chapel Hill NC
No problem, they also have a 4 and a 6 version. I would want 1 or 2 empty spots available for additions down the road like landscape lighting, etc.. I would want to know before I signed what is included in the automation and whats not.
Ah!!! I looked this over and realized it is RS-PS6... The line above it had the "y" from "Jandy" right in between the PS6. So I think I'm good. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: NCMike and kimkats

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Your choice on SWG's with an iAqualink system is the Nature2 Fusion or the Jandy Aquapure, both with 1400 cells that are speced for 40,000 gallons.

The Nature2 System is less cost because they think you will continue to buy replacement mineral cartridges. The Nature2 system as a SWG is fine if you immediately remove the minerals and never use them. Just use the SWG. Read Nature2 Fusion - Further Reading

I think @PoolGate uses the Nature2 SWG with minerals removed.

Otherwise get the regular Jandy Aquapure 1400 system - Jandy AquaPure SWG - Further Reading

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Just make sure it is the Fusion SOFT. The "Fusion" is just the mineral system with a chlorine puck feeder. There are 2 sizes you of course want the 1400 and not the 700.

I love the FusionSoft and as Allen said, just don't install (or allow the builder to install) the mineral cartridge. If you get it, find the cartridge and hide it. And don't let him take the blankout plate it comes with in the mineral slot as they are near impossible to find.