Something is under the liner

Aug 22, 2007
Powhatan VA
I have just discovered that there is something under the liner in the corner of the hopper. (The cleaner is hanging up on it.) I sent my son down to check it out. He says it is about 3" long and 2.5" high and has an edge on one side. :shock: :shock: It just about has to be something the liner installers knocked down there.
The pool is not leaking. Is it best to just leave it alone since nobody will be stepping on it ? I am reluctant to try to tap it down. This is a vermiculite/portland cement bottom.

As always, thanks for any advice.

:party: :bounce: :colors:

Love the smileys.

I just noticed what appears to be a root growing under my pool liner. I am waiting for the installer to check it out. It is on the side of the pool in the shallow end. The installers accidentally cut the return hole on the wrong side and didn't bother to patch it up. It sticks out about 1.5 inches and is about 3 inches wide. The pool is 4 years old. Luckily we too photos of the installation process and it plainly shows that hole on the wrong side.

Hi guys :wave:

The liners are new and can handle being drained and refilled after the 'under the liner stuff' is addressed/ fixed. If your pb/ installer left something under the liner - the fix should be on him!

The fix x is to pump out the water to ~ where the offending 'lump' is and have someone go under the liner and remove the source and patch the floor where it was. Then just reset the liner and all is good!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.