Someone has to have tried this...

dw886

Gold Supporter
Sep 19, 2016
ND
So I don't have an autofill, and I find myself forgetting to turn the water (garden hose) off a few hours after I put the hose in the skimmer. I can't find any threads, but I'm assuming that some people are using some kind of an auto-shutoff device on their hose to stop filling the pool after a few hours - the type of thing that can be used to turn off a sprinkler...like this: https://www.amazon.com/Nelson-56600-Shut-Off-Water-Timer/dp/B0015AP1QM

It would be even better if was also a meter and measured flow (and could calculate the number of gallons that have been added).

It would also be even cooler if it could alert my phone when the cycle is complete, or the set amount of gallons has been dispensed, or if the valve fails to shut down....now I'm likely asking for too much... :)

Is anyone using any kind of hose shutoff with success for filling? Is one better than another, or should I just snoop amazon and take a chance?

It would be even better if was also a meter and measured flow (and could calculate the number of gallons that have been added).

It would also be even cooler if it could alert my phone when the cycle is complete, or the set amount of gallons has been dispensed, or if the valve fails to shut down....now I'm likely asking for too much... :)
You mean like this one ?

That looks pretty cool. Has anyone tried it?

I see there's 3 reviews where people are using it for daily pool fills. My pool is covered, so for me it's more of a once-a-month type of thing, but I'm nervous that I'll forget one of these times, and come out to a mess...

I'm fine with the software being not the greatest as long as the valve itself doesn't fail in the open position...

I just searched using "hose timer" and that was the first relevant hit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.