some pool posts leaning sideways

caddylover

May 1, 2020
canada
having an issue with some pool posts leaning sideways, (not in or out from the wall). I have a Vogue resin pool and i can say that i am about 1" or less out of level even though my transit when levelling said i was good on each of the 14 pads for the plates. In any case, i'm not sure how detrimental this is to the rigidity of the pool itself with the posts leaning a bit sideways. There is about a total of 5 or so that lean a bit over. I also have a slight issue with the way the top rails interlock with each other. Some of them locked in really well where about 5 others are a bit off. We've been swimming daily in the pool without issue. Seems to be holding really well and as mentioned is quite level. I guess when i drain down to about 2 ft or so for winterization, i can take off the top rails and readjust by tapping the posts so that they look level again to the naked eye, but i swear when i put these posts into the foot plates that they were all straight. then again, when i was adjusting the top rails i may have pulled the rail over to get it to finally finish fit the circle. I was about 5-6" out IIRC to get the rails to fit at the end.

Seems when the water pressure built up against the wall they moved? then again, maybe they were always off?

thoughts on this?

AJ.A

Jun 19, 2020
NE Ohio
Not familiar with your pool install but when I put my uprights in the bottom boot I used a 3ft level to make sure they were straight. The instructions said if they were not then you would have issues getting the top rail on. I would just adjust when you have time so everything is straight.

caddylover

May 1, 2020
canada
thx, it's an easy set up for this pool so i know it's probably something simple. and yes, it looks like if the posts are adjusted properly to they don't lean, i may have had enough to put the top rails on as they should be and not my modified way