Solar water temperature sensor shorted / pool heater will not heat

RomanRick

Mar 30, 2021
Hi, I've been looking and found 1 solution close to my problem but I have several things going on and I wanted to get an opinion whether it's all related. First my Jandy says Solar Temp Sensor Shorted. I've been using it for about a week straight. Then I tried to use the spa and turned on the Hayward pool heater. After an hour it said it was at 76 degrees, which it's been at between 74 degrees and 76 all week. I took a look at the read out on the pool heater and it has HP code. I looked that code up and it says maybe not enough water getting to the pool heater, or water temp difference. So I took a laser temp thermometer and it says the water is actually 68 degrees. So, is it possible this could all be because of that solar sensor? And is there a way to just bypass it all together? It doesn't really do anything good anyways and I don't want to climb up on the roof to change it. Unless I can relocate it on the ground. Thank you all.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We need to know more details about your pool and equipment to help you. That is why we ask for you to create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

What model heater do you have?

Do you have solar heat panels on your pool?

What solar control system do you have? Is it on or off?

Post pics of your equipment pad.