Solar SWG?

Two things I don't like about it right off the bat.

Anode adds minerals, probably copper since they have a warning in their manual that copper can cause stains.

The chlorine output is so "amazing" that they don't tell you what the actual chlorine output is. So, my guess is that it must be amazingly low and they are embarrassed to say what the actual chlorine output is. :)

Yep, the copper makes this a hard no right out of the gate.

Even without that though, even if this produces enough chlorine for a pool on a sunny day what happens on a cloudy day? Now you have to lug chlorine any time it isn't sunny enough to produce the required chlorine, kind of negating the reason for getting an SWG in the first place.

If it was 1/4th the price and didn't have the copper anode I might consider it to perhaps decrease the amount of chlorine I need to carry, but at that price it is very much not worth it.

Nope, I believe charts:
151-graph_large.gif

Credit Vernier Software Technology

I was thinking the other day that the major SWG manufacturers should make a chlorine generating robot, similar to cleaning robots. Have the robot float around the pool plugged into a controller and make chlorine without having to run the pumps. Then, just pull the unit out of the water when you don't need it. And, if they really wanted to get a big bump in profit, integrate a cheap ORP probe into it to give some feedback on chlorine generation....

I was thinking the other day that the major SWG manufacturers should make a chlorine generating robot, similar to cleaning robots. Have the robot float around the pool plugged into a controller and make chlorine without having to run the pumps. Then, just pull the unit out of the water when you don't need it. And, if they really wanted to get a big bump in profit, integrate a cheap ORP probe into it to give some feedback on chlorine generation....

Now this would be interesting!

Two things I don't like about it right off the bat.

Anode adds minerals, probably copper since they have a warning in their manual that copper can cause stains.

The chlorine output is so "amazing" that they don't tell you what the actual chlorine output is. So, my guess is that it must be amazingly low and they are embarrassed to say what the actual chlorine output is. :)

Well... that technically is amazing! :razz:

Now this would be interesting!

I suppose product liability would be an issue since some numbskull would likely go swimming with the thing and then have their corneas burned off because they thought it would be a good idea to try to see if they could "detect" the chlorine coming out of the tube. Or, very likely, they try to inhale the hydrogen gas because their buddy told them it would be just like inhaling helium and they'd get the squeaky Mickey Mouse voice....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I am perfectly happy with my NON scaling Hayward SWG! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.