solar salt?

Utahjanitor

May 30, 2011
Is it ok to use the blue bags of diamond solar salt for my swg? It seems to be half the price of pool salt at the pool store but I don't want to stain my plaster or something

Thanks in advance

Andrew Sarchus

Apr 11, 2011
Seattle
Utahjanitor said:
Is it ok to use the blue bags of diamond solar salt for my swg? It seems to be half the price of pool salt at the pool store but I don't want to stain my plaster or something

Thanks in advance
I'll let someone else answer that, I do know that my local Walmart sells Morton pool salt at $6 for 40lbs.

mas985

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2007
Pleasanton, CA
Utahjanitor said:
That is the only salt I use. The pool store stuf is a rip off. Home Depot usually has the best prices.

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
The blue bagged solar salt is fine...should say 99+% pure salt. Just make sure it's not the system saver bags with "special" additives or iron out

hawkeye

Jun 27, 2009
davenport,iowa
fyi ......i was a culligan man for years, and solar salt is the top 7 layers out of the huge drying containers at the salt plant, the cleanest salt rises to top drawn up by the sun then dries in layers hence the name "solar salt"