Solar panel pump run only 12h in case of slam

ste

Apr 25, 2019
costarica
Hi, i have solar panel pump and if i want to slam the pool ,the pump have to run for 24h , but mine of course works only 12hours a day if is full sun (costarica) and just 8 h when is cloudy ....i'm worry the slam won't work well couse the short time the pump run ...any tip ?

Please out details of your pool in your signature. It helps us help you better.

What size is your pool?

Do you not have any electrical in the house when it is dark?

It will take you longer to filter out the dead algae when you run your pump and filter 12 hours or less a day.

You still should check your FC and raise it to SLAM level as often as you can. If the pump is off then stir the water with your brush after adding chlorine.

Can you connect the pump to the house electricity when you need to run the pump 24/7?

no the pump goes direct with the energy from the panel ,no inverter......i get enough power to run it 10-12 hours per day ,

the main problem is that the pool is in the jungle,,so a lot of organic fall in the pool everyday ,the pool is small but every morning the leaves leave a nasty brown -red stain hard to brush away on the pool's floor and alsoinsects ,dust ,monkeypoo ect.ect. ..so i have to do a lot of extra clean work , like 2-3 times a day and maybe SLAMing the pool now that T.storms are often coming...buy a robot maybe that clean and works at night when the pump is off is the best option ?

Most robot cleaners need AC power to run. There are some battery powered ones and I don’t know how effective they are.

Post your water chemistry:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

What type of pool is it? Plaster? Tile? Vinyl?

i have plenty of AC power to connect the robot, the pool has also AC for the lights,,,,,,,i changed the pump to solar couse only the elettric pump cost was around 100$ per month ,the pool is used all day all year so i can't put a cover on it ....that's why the robot is the solution for me i think........
tile pool
i got today my k2006 and i'm lowering CYA from 100 to 30 ( becouse i used too much tricloro to keep those leaves stains away) ,adding new water and a lot of rain also to the pool and using only liquid bleach ,so tomorrow i will do all the chemestry and i 'll send you the results ......
in the last 5 months without the k2006 were :
FC 3
CYA 30-50
PH 7.4

Is the pump setup for 110 or 220 power? It would be good if you could add a disconnect with a second line so in cases like this you can run the pump 24/7. But like said you could add liquid chlorine and just brush it well. With a tile pool it's harder to keep it clean. Any way you can cut the trees and brush back a little bit to help keep it cleaner? Or a screened enclosure like they do in florida

Cut trees is the last thing i want to do ,having monkeys on the tree while you swim is priceless....
i found a robot here in costarica IROBOT MIRRA 530......that can clean my small pool superfast and also in case of slam i can run it at night instead of the solar pump to make the water moving, becouse i can't stay up all night brushing the pool during the slam.........
i don't know if the robot like slam water condition though!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Most robot cleaners need AC power to run. There are some battery powered ones and I don’t know how effective they are.

Post your water chemistry:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

What type of pool is it? Plaster? Tile? Vinyl?
Hi , i did the chemestry :
FC 5
CC 0.6
PH 7.2
TA 70
CH 190
CYA 85
i will add some fresh water to low the CYA till 30
Was my first real test , so i repeat it twice .......
Tile pool
i found a robot available here in costarica called IROBOT MIRRA 530 ......super fast to clean my small pool and in case of slam i can put it in the pool at night instead of the solarpump.....to keep the water moving
do you think the robot works fine with slam water condition?

Hi , i did the chemestry :
FC 5
CYA 85
do you think the robot works fine with slam water condition?

With CYA of 90 your FC should be 10-12 until you lower your CYA. See FC/CYA Levels

The robot will be fine in FC up to SLAM FC levels.

Ok, so once i low my CYA to 30-50 ,wich level of FC is ideal considering the jungle factor? the chart say 4 to 6 ........

At 30 it is 4-6; at 50 it is 6-8.

If you always keep your FC above the minimum then the jungle is not a factor. Let the FC drop below the minimum and then algae can take hold quickly.

See what your CC is. Your CC tells you how much organic matter the chlorine is killing.

4 hours of fresh water plus a big t-storm at night ...low my CYA from 90 to 40 .........
my chemestry today is :
FC 5
CC 0.5 or less
PH 7,4
TA 70
CH 200
CYA 40
i think i'm good
.maybe better to keep FC at 6?
thank you so much for your help.

You can raise it to target for your CYA daily, I prefer to do it at night which leaves all the no sun hours at higher FC. Seems to me like a good way to tackle any nasties in the water for a long time rather than letting the sun burn some FC off right away.

If you have extra monkeys or swimmers, you'll use more FC than a normal day without swimmers. Leaves and other stuff getting in the water can also use up more FC. May want to do a few every day testings to see what your water likes to do.

Personally I like to raise to 1ppm above target which gives me a better chance of not falling below minimum for sure before I add again the next day. At 40ppm CYA, I target 8ppm each night and expect not to be below 3.5-4ppm by the next night.

If people swim, I figure about .75ppm FC loss per swimmer and add that much extra in chlorine in, either before or after people swim. That doesn't change my nightly 4ppm dose that I give the pool on days I don't test, the pool gets that daily regardless. Your pool won't lose quite that much per person since it's a lot bigger, but you'll know more how that works if you test before and after swimmers a few times.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.