Solar Cover Question...

Jun 7, 2010
Plainfield, IL
Guys,

What the appropriate amount of time to have your solar cover on? Can you have it on too much? Just curios as my neighbor made a comment when I went out to check the temp and skimmer after work. She was saying you shouldn't leave it on all the time... Since we were out of town last weekend and all, it has been on since last Wednesday night (about a week now). It's coming off tomorrow to clean and swim regardless, but I was just curious overall. Thanks!

Ask your neighbor why?...seriously...I know it can sometimes mess with PH...mine tends to drop ever so slightly with the cover on, but having it on 5-7 days is not a problem...the only thing to look out for is if you had a t-storm/wind while it is on...if there are a ton of leaves etc on top of it and it ends up in the pool, you may have to bump your FC up a bit to destroy the organics that have accumulated on top. But that all I can think of.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.