Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
You need your “brothers from other mothers” to fly out and stand with you supervising their work. They’ll not dare to cross us -

nerd GIF

Newdude

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
You need your “brothers from other mothers” to fly out and stand with you supervising their work
Actually I think y'all should come, but just to watch the show while the sisters from other misters have a go.

Did he just tell Kim / Casey / Mdragger THAT ????? Oh NO. This isn't gonna be good for him. I can't watch.

8cfc6f84d40dfb3240901a435eb2791f.gif

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Actually I think y'all should come, but just to watch the show while the sisters from other misters have a go.

Did he just tell Kim / Casey / Mdragger THAT ????? Oh NO. This isn't gonna be good for him. I can't watch.

View attachment 463500
Don’t mess with the sista’s 💪
Girl Gang Mom Squad GIF by Scary Mommy

Newdude

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Maybe that anchor is correct and all of the rest are off?
There is another one that's off, but only by a hair. I can chalk that one up to the cover shifted a little while installing the rest of them. Both where it is and where it should be are in the same seam, so there was no benefit to shifting it over.

I think that's what bothers me most by the skimmer. I would have been totally fine with that one strap being longer to hit the next available seam. Instead they yanked it to the side so not only did it look unappealing, but it puts a undue amount of stress on that part of the cover. If it was going to look off anyway, why on the good green earth wouldn't they have done it in a way that didn't hurt ?

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Newdude

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
I get about 28 degrees off.

We prefer radians please
I went British/Aussie with stones. :ROFLMAO: It is one (skinny) stone off. As seen in this pic, they are 1, 2 or 3 skinny stones wide

Screenshot_20221123-071712_Gallery.jpg

i can swap some pavers to the left of the strap and slide everything over by 1 skinny stone. Effectively putting the hole in the middle of the current stone's position. And dead in line with the next seam which would have been NICE if they used instead.

20221122_111441.jpg

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
The installation company had no idea that we would break out the protractor and measure the angle of every strap to make sure that each one was exactly 90 degrees with a tolerance of only +/- 0.5 degrees.

Here are our quality control standards.

1) All straps inline with the strap +/- 0.5 degrees.

2) All overlap equal on all sides +/- 1 mm.

3) All Straight lines parallel to the pool straight line edge +/- 0.5 degrees.

4) All anchors on a straight line +/- 1 mm.

5) All straps length at 1/2 length +/- 10%

6) All springs at 1/2 compression.

7) All springs centered in the vinyl sleeve.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread