Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Were you using the pool pole as a lighting rod? Not advisable lol !
Lightning Thunder GIF by Te Wānanga o Aotearoa

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude

Decoy205

Silver Supporter
Jan 11, 2022
Central NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
In that situation it’s whatever gets the job done. This rain and temp drop made it feel like winter instantly.

I backwashed my pool 3 times to get the water level down. We had at least 6” in 3 days. Crazy.

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
& here i sit - no rain 🌧️ for weeks..
none in sight either.
i just removed my weir door to delay topping up the pool AGAIN 😵‍💫 because I am about to drain down for closing so it feels like a waste

Saturn94

Bronze Supporter
Mar 11, 2015
SE Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
This rain and temp drop made it feel like winter instantly.

Same here. Hurricane Ian and the nor’easter it morphed into drastically dropped our temps. Last year at this time pool temp was 77°; now it’s 62°. As soon as the closing supplies I ordered show up, I’m closing it up. ☹️

Newdude

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
OK it's time to end this thread for closure, with the closure. :ROFLMAO:

The company I ordered the cover through showed up Friday afternoon with no warning. I was supposed to be told so that I could have the pool ready for the cover, but the customer can go scratch, as per the current way of things. So I had some words with the crew about their office, and was clear that my beef with the office. The offered to come back after the weekend which I gladly accepted. I closed the pool over the weekend as seen here

Closing thread

They came Monday (yesterday) and installed the cover.

20221122_110549.jpg

It's got reinforced patches on the stair corners as promised and they mostly core drilled as promised.

20221122_110650.jpg

There are a few holes that they chipped, likely due to trying to save time without core drilling, but they are minor and once the sand/dirt fills them in, I'll never even notice. I haven't counted but at least 2/3 of then are clean holes.

20221122_110731.jpg

The grey really looks nice against the other greys going on. The 15% upcharge was worth every penny there.

20221122_111441.jpg

Thanks for taking this ride with me. You may now exit through the turnstiles once the ride has come to a complete stop.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Newdude

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
The holes look like they are too big.
I'll fill them with polymeric sand to match. The anchors go through the slab under the pavers, they aren't going anywhere.
Some straps look a little bit loose.
Yeah. No two of the springs are compressed the same. :ROFLMAO: I'm going to give it some time in the sun and wind and will tighten them up soon.
don't like the one strap that's at and angle other than 90 degrees.
No explanation there but LAZY.

20221122_111441.jpg

It looks worse in the pic and is only 2 - 3 inches off, but still. They drilled several other stones in the middle, why is that one special ? Because zero pride in one's work anymore, that's why. *sigh*

• Wow
Reactions: Decoy205 and JamesW

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support