Rock Hill, South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
he CFO just decreed there would be no mulch. I think I've won 2, ever. So we are 99.6% going with bluestone all around.
If your situation is even remotely similar to my “situation”, how long is that 99.6% chance good for? And did you get it in writing?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
New pool store slogan:

Protect your eyes from harsh glare.

Follow our maintenance routine for a nice dull murky gray water quality that won’t damage your retinas with all that annoying sparkle.

I hear this guy has time available on his route to take over @Newdude ’s pool care woes …

hot tub jacuzzi GIF

Newdude

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
You definitely earned a beer after that
Holy cow I'm spent. It turns out the universe threw me a bone finally and I was given about 4.5 too many yards of stone. I dunno if they gave me 9 or 10, but I asked and paid for 5.

I picked up one yard of both the bluestone and topsoil, spread them out and did coverage maths. Then I added 20% so I could lay both on thick. I got done with the pool surround and had half the pile of stones left. No way. This can't be. So I started counting my 7 cubic foot wheelbarrow trips of extra. 17 extra trips, full to the brim. 119 cubic feet / 4.4 yards.

So the shed got a nice new ramp, all 3 gates got nice entries and the whole equipment pad area was rocked. Then I made a good sized pile to refresh any settling in the spring.

But. All that extra work took my afternoon so tomorrow is moving onto dirt.

Newdude

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
The pic with the doggy is awesome, I think he is saying "It's all you pops
They outvoted me 3-1 to get the puppy when I was home after surgery and would have a few months to train him. I was in a sling and half doped up, but they thought it was a great idea.

Well.

Lil Buddy as he became to be known, is my shadow because for the first 4 months it was just the two of us everyday. Actually my shadow can get 20 foot away at times. He wont let me get that far away. So he's my half shadow ??? I dunno. :ROFLMAO:

But he has been moral support for every last minute of this project, and I have some serious hours invested so far.

My favorite was when he was so exhausted he needed to nap, but wouldn't leave me for the couch inside. So he used the trench pile for a pillow so I wouldn't be lonely.

20220730_153503.jpg

Newdude

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Looking really, really good out there my dude
Thanks much. :) it's been a long road over a year and a half, with 5 or 6 months living in an upside down yard. I never want to see the 3rd dimension of my yard again. Ever. :ROFLMAO:

Even now, I spread a bunch of yards of topsoil (the cubic kind, James) today and it's SO exciting to see exotic black dirt. Been looking at the sandy brown kind for what seems like ages.

Screenshot_20220916-161318_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220916-161325_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread