Snow/Ice and Mesh cover

BPool18

Jun 14, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
Hi all. Pool was built in 2014 but this is the first winter since it’s been built that we’ve had significant snow and ice.

I have a mesh cover and we received about 10”of snow the other night. I went around the edges with a soft broom and took off some of the snow just to help alleviate the weight. The end result is the picture below. You’ll notice that the middle is also sunken as ice has formed (im assuming due to high water level) in the middle. Does this all look....ok/normal?
I know these mesh covers can handle weight but just wanted to see if there’s anything else I should do?
Temps are going to remain below freezing through next week with more snow on the way...

Attachments

• 1F73F168-6C5C-4131-9B09-E5AD1D4EE69D.jpeg
    1F73F168-6C5C-4131-9B09-E5AD1D4EE69D.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 22
Allen is correct. Leave it be. I have about 30 inches of snow on my mesh cover. The cover is sunken about three feet in the center. Strap springs have about 50% left to expand. You may not believe it, but there is an inground pool out there!

Attachments

• IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    387.9 KB · Views: 18
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.