Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2020
Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My hubs ran out and got a stronger pump because it was taking forever... thank goodness. We used your process for putting the cover on and all I have to say is it was wayyyyy easier to close than to open. So now we just pray to the pool gods we did ok.

• Love
Reactions: Newdude

Snoobug

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2020
Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I think I messed up terribly.

When blowing out the lines through the skimmer, I didn't close the skimmer line. I think antifreeze got in my filter & water heater.

I'm ready to cry.

joonbug99

Jul 23, 2017
Rochester NY
Anti freeze in those parts is not a big deal. The anti freeze in the lines now gets flushed into the pool when you open it up anyway. More important is that you air locked the main drains by blowing them out and closing off the valve while still forcing air through.

Snoobug

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2020
Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Anti freeze in those parts is not a big deal. The anti freeze in the lines now gets flushed into the pool when you open it up anyway. More important is that you air locked the main drains by blowing them out and closing off the valve while still forcing air through.
Whew! Totally did that!

Snoobug

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2020
Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Made the donation! Sorry it took so long. We didn't forget. Our pool ynab line got drained with the cyclone & new pump and had to wait to refill the category. Thank you all for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread