Smooth-bore vacuum hose

Jun 23, 2013
I'm looking for a good smooth-bore vacuum hose for my pole mounted vacuum. I've scoured the internet and EVERY manufacturer claims to have the best hose. So... which one have you used, and would you recommend it? TIA

The corrugated hosing is designed that way so that the hose can be thin enough to be very flexible and light but strong enough to resist collapsing under the suction forces cause by a pump. In order to get a smooth bore hose work safely, it would either have to be very thick walled or have metal spring wire embedded in it which would increase its weight and make it less flexible.

I use vacuum hose segments rather than a single long hose. Each segment is about 42” long and they slide together to give you whatever length you need. They’re certainly not as well sealed as a straight length of hose but they are easily disassembled and can be stored straight without coiling them. Works great in a long deck box.

Reactions: Thetaxguy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.