Smart Switches are Awesome

Sep 13, 2016
Waterville, ME
Sorry if this has been covered, but I just wanted to give a shoutout — I recently installed a cheap Kasa smart switch ($20, Amazon) to replace the light switch I use to turn my pool pump on and off. It lets me turn my pump on and off from anywhere, as long as I have my phone, and have saved me a ton of inconvenience running across my yard to toggle power. Other cool features are that from the app I can set up a schedule, or put the switch on a timer. Another really neat bonus is that I can log the number of hours the switch is on, so I can track power expenditure. Really cool, and worth the investment.

Reactions: setsailsoon
I haven’t seen one yet. I know they make smart switches that are double pole for 240 but were expensive.
I have a few smart switch’s in the house for normal lights but mine dont show power usuage like the smart plug does

I have also started installing motion activated switches in a few places like the laundry room which is nice since you don’t have to touch it and spread germs :)

I don’t like having Alexa listening but trust me your smart phone is listening also :)

I use wifi relays to control my vs pump, valve actuators, heater, and spa pumps (via a contactor) makes for easy, inexpensive automation.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.