small rock under my vinyl liner

cinnay

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi!

I have a small stone under the liner on the floor of my pool. We had to have the liner replaced a few years ago, due to some flooding issues, and I think they probably just missed seeing it.

We called the guy who installed it, and he said to just take a mallet and a small towel, place the towel over the rock, and tap lightly on it with the mallet. He said the rock should recede easily this way.

I am a little nervous about the rock puncturing through the liner. Any thought?

Thanks!

Debstar60

Aug 16, 2009
That is what I have also been told. We have one in our pool but we just try not bother it,but I'm sure it would be ok to do what he said. I found a hole in my liner a few days ago...in the cove. bummer. Maybe if you don't want to tap it back,get a patch and put over it to make it stronger?

LinerMfgr

In The Industry
Jun 16, 2010
So you've had a rock under your liner for a few years? You should have had them deal with it when they installed it. You'll probably end up with a hole there eventually. Keep your eye on it--when it opens up, cut the rock out or bang it down and patch the liner.

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
I have a tiny stone in my liner's floor. My liner is going on 8 years and I never noticed the stone before. I'm afraid to tamp it down too. Cinnay, what did you do with yours, anything yet?

Other Threads of Interest