It looks really good! I love the cabo shelf! What color is your plaster?
It is my plastering guy's custom color. He calls it "Manzanillo medium" which I believe he described as a Tahoe blue with some gray mixed in. I was originally wanting Midnight blue, but he warned me against it because he felt like it was harder to get the color consistent. This custom color is his most popular color and so my thinking was well, he does this a lot and so probably has the bugs worked out of it.

There is water across the entire bottom of the pool now, and WOW the color is so pretty, can't wait to see it completely full tomorrow. If you google "Manzanillo medium pool" in images you can see the water color.

Reactions: RuralTexas
Most of the time they sell it in a 2 pack. 2 1-gallons jugs in a box. Store it outside away from metal or chlorine. I would get the 2 pack and go from there.
Thanks kimkats...I have about a gallon and a half already, but I've read about so many people with wildly fluctuating PH and needing to add it so often. I tested our fill water last night and our numbers were:
PH = 7.0-7.2 (wasn't too sure but it was somewhere in there)
CH = 75
TA = 150
I have Calcium and CYA on the way from Amazon

Just got the equipment back up and running. Took me a while to figure out how to get it to prime.
Brushed all the walls and pushed what I could towards the main drain, which I'm not even sure if it's pulling water.
Tested water, these are the numbers:
CH - 100
PH - 8.2+ (added a couple quarts of MA)
TA - 150-160
Will test again in a couple hours.

I don't have CYA in the water yet, should I give it some bleach tonight after sundown? Diamond Brite says to wait til day 3, but I really really don't like the idea of zero FC.

Here is a cloudy water picture:

Attachments

• 70974069_454767888442825_1070227535729524736_n.jpg
    70974069_454767888442825_1070227535729524736_n.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 28
That looks wonderful! Sorry no one answered about the adding chlorine after dark. Yes you could but know it would go bye-bye fast as soon as the sun hits it. Best to add the CYA asap when you have 0. When I need to add it in a hurry I put it in the sock and walk around in the pool squeezing it until it is all dissolved.

Kim:kim:

That looks wonderful! Sorry no one answered about the adding chlorine after dark. Yes you could but know it would go bye-bye fast as soon as the sun hits it. Best to add the CYA asap when you have 0. When I need to add it in a hurry I put it in the sock and walk around in the pool squeezing it until it is all dissolved.

Kim:kim:
LOL, Thanks Kim, no worries. I got it figured out. Overshot CYA and ended up with 50 (was going for 30 or 40). I put it in hairnets tied up and hung it in the skimmer, dissolved so fast that way!

PH rise is starting to slow down a bit now, my TA is somewhere in the 70-80 range. I only needed to add a quart of MA today.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.