Small Pool Depth. Close to signing contract

Tflood123

Jul 6, 2018
STAFFORD
Ok I am close to signing the contract on getting this done. I am really hung up on the pool depth. My question is should I keep the pool all at one height. Probably 4ft. Or should I have it 4 to 5 or 6 ft. I know its not a huge difference. But the pool isnt big and the shape is odd due to my lot size and setbacks. I have 5 kids. Oldest is 11. The pool is going to be a hangout and play in all day pool. No laps and diving etc. Just us hanging out all day. Attached are a few photos to give you a good idea on the size and actual dimensions. Its going to be about 9 to 10 gallons depending on what depth i choose. My main hangup is I will add deeper end and every one will be on top of each other near the steps. Thnks in advance for any helpful info. Also disregard the shelf in the one photo. But those are the pool measurements.

Attachments

spd500

Jul 20, 2020
Houston, TX
I would move the steps around to be in the corner on the left instead of being that large. Three steps is probably all you will need. I personally would still make a deeper end of the pool, but have it descend gradually from the steps at a 45 degree angle towards the opposite corner. If you are concerned that there will not be enough shallow end, maybe have it go from 3'6" to 4'6" maybe 5'.

Stafford Tx? If so you will want some depth to keep the water temps lower in the summer.