Small leak -- how to plug inlets and outlets?

rlaw

Sep 22, 2017
San Diego, CA
An evaporation test with a bucket shows the pool is losing about 1/4" a day more than the water loss from evaporation in the bucket. This is constant regardless of whether the pump is running or not. I read the Leak Detection article and was wondering how to go about plugging all the inlets and outlets. I guess the returns and skimmers could be done with a wad of cloth or plastic, but what about the drains?

There are some hairline cracks in the plaster on the steps. I tried squirting dye around those but didn't detect a leak there.

Interesting. Like the bungee plugs.

As I have my pool so hot 90-96F while the night time temp falls to mid-50s even during late summer now I have cold convection currents coming out of the jets, must be obviously from the underground piping and area around pump/filter above ground. Quite surprising amount of cold coming back into the pool at night time.
I guess these plugs would prevent more cold coming back into our big hot tub.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.