Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,
I noticed this morning that my pool filter has a small drip coming from the band. The pool was just opened on Monday and I'm assuming it's related to that. I would prefer to not call the pool company back. Is this as simple as tightening the nut on the band, or do I need to take the filter apart and close it up again?

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

show a picture from the front of the spring.. Are there any gaps in the spring? if there are you need to tighten until no gaps... using a rubber hammer hitting the metal piece going around the filter... if the spring is collapsed and no gaps you need to take it apart and lube the giant O ring between the top and bottom... and then put it back together..

1620579076883.png

I appreciate all the feedback. Tighten it up and the drip has stopped. The instructions on the filter recommended that I check the spring once a month. I wasn't aware that needed to be check monthly.
IMG_0040.jpg

That is perfect... I do not check mine monthly But I do look at it weekly to make sure everything is good :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.