Slide Question

JC1256

Bronze Supporter
Jun 4, 2020
Jersey Shore
Anyone go through the process of building a slide? The pool builder used a flexible pvc pipe but only sticking out of the ground maybe 1.5-2ft. Is there an adapter or connector hose that can attach this to we can bring to to the back of the slide? Attached is a picture.

Update: Found this picture in my logs. Does this need to be dug up and moved?

Attachments

• IMG_7147.JPG
    IMG_7147.JPG
    399.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7149.PNG
    IMG_7149.PNG
    462.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Funny, was just in a different thread about a slide, so its fresh on my mind.

Is that the final placement of the slide? The stub out from the ground should be close to the back of the ladder if you want a clean look. The pipe coming out of the ground will be connected to a pipe that comes with the slide and sits in that recessed part of the back of the ladder. If I remember correctly, there is a coupler that goes on to the ground stub, to the slide plumbing, then to a valve, then to the top of the slide where water comes out.

Slide Plumbing.jpg

For mine, the stub out of the pavers was right the hose from the slide would connect to. Here is mine before the slide when into place.

IMG_5177.jpg

There is concrete under there for the slide to mount to, and am guessing in yours this is a mock up, as you would need a concrete base.

If the stub out is not close to where the slide will go, you will see the plumbing, and that's not probably what you want. The slide has a slot built in to kind of hide the plumbing so i would check on that.

Reactions: JC1256
When we built our last pool we had it plumbed for a slide and they capped it flush with the deck. So it must be able to attach somehow.

I found a YouTube video of a similar slide, and you can see how the plumbing runs up the back of the ladder. The stub out would come up right below the slide and connect to the plumbing that comes with the slide.
(277) Doheny's Turbo Twister slide - YouTube

Slide Plumbing 1.jpg

That is how mine looks. It's a bit snowy back there now, otherwise I'd try and grab a pic, but looks just like this one above.

You wouldn't, and wouldn't want to, connect to it where it is now. It needs to be relocated.

The PB and/or his crew didn't take the trouble to plot where that pipe should come up. They kinda just left it where "the next guy" could find it without digging around. No worries, it's still dirt. Work with the PB to determine exactly where it is to surface, relative to the slide, and have him dig up some dirt and add the necessary PVC to get there. It's a simple fix.

Dirk is right on, while I was trying to show where the pipe should go, he was seeing the half full side of this. It is just dirt, and it is just a flex line, so easy enough to move it. They will have to pour concrete for where the base of the slide goes (ladder part and front part), and will likely concrete that pipe in. Normally, you don't want pipes encased in concrete in case there is an issue with it, but for the stub out of the slide, it comes up right where the base needs to be for the ladder.

Thank you everyone. Yes my paver guy put the slide together to make the template to make the concrete base for slide then put the pavers. Based on this picture I think they can dig it up I guess and pull it back some. I guess this is something they didnt think through at the time because if we went with the PB concrete guy he would have to do the same thing.

Attachments

• IMG_7149.PNG
    IMG_7149.PNG
    462.4 KB · Views: 12
Funny, was just in a different thread about a slide, so its fresh on my mind.

Is that the final placement of the slide? The stub out from the ground should be close to the back of the ladder if you want a clean look. The pipe coming out of the ground will be connected to a pipe that comes with the slide and sits in that recessed part of the back of the ladder. If I remember correctly, there is a coupler that goes on to the ground stub, to the slide plumbing, then to a valve, then to the top of the slide where water comes out.

View attachment 173415

For mine, the stub out of the pavers was right the hose from the slide would connect to. Here is mine before the slide when into place.

View attachment 173416

There is concrete under there for the slide to mount to, and am guessing in yours this is a mock up, as you would need a concrete base.

If the stub out is not close to where the slide will go, you will see the plumbing, and that's not probably what you want. The slide has a slot built in to kind of hide the plumbing so i would check on that.
Correct. They were just prepping where the concrete will go. Our paver color layout will be very similar. We are doing the Cambridge Onyx Natural with the coal border.

I found a YouTube video of a similar slide, and you can see how the plumbing runs up the back of the ladder. The stub out would come up right below the slide and connect to the plumbing that comes with the slide.
(277) Doheny's Turbo Twister slide - YouTube

View attachment 173424

That is how mine looks. It's a bit snowy back there now, otherwise I'd try and grab a pic, but looks just like this one above.
Thank you. Yes, I think they just need to dig up some dirt to get the pipe right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.