Slide on a 24" platform? Manufacture says max is 20" above water line

Noah382

May 9, 2019
Richmond, VA
We are designing a pool and REALLY want to have a slide. We are looking at the SR Smith Typhoon. The only place that would fit in our design is on the platform 24" above the pool. I predict that the exit of the slide will be about 27"-29" above the waterline. Reading the installation manual, it says that max above waterline is 20". It doesn't say this is a recommendation or why it would be that limit.

I'm assuming that it could be that it may hurt hitting the water from 29" above, but I'm just not sure. Has anyone ran into this issue or have their slide up high like this? Here's an image of what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Pool Slide.jpg
    Pool Slide.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 32
People hit water from a lot higher than that :) up to you to decide if the risk of 4 extra inches is a deal-breaker.

How deep is the water where you're putting the slide?

Does the slide have a spec for how much free area directly in front of the exit? I suspect the biggest issue other than the obvious drop with a higher exit from the slide is that you travel farther in the air before you make it to the water, thus requiring a bigger open area beyond the end of the slide. Going higher than 20" may require more clear area in front of the slide exit than their spec calls for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.