SLAMming for 13 days and counting...

sicnic

Nov 22, 2016
warrensburg
Opened my pool nearly two weeks ago. It was a green swamp so I got the PH down, took my CYA to 40, turned on the filter and started slamming. About a week ago it turned from green to cloudy blue and I noticed I really wasn't making much progress. Two days ago I decided to deep clean my sand filter....it needed it. It took me nearly 4 hours to get that water running out of the top of my filter to be clear to where I could see my sand. I backwashed it and fired it back up, but I still have hazy water and I am really starting to lose patience dumping 2-3 gallons of liquid chlorine into the pool everyday. I have a 18000 gallon doughboy pool with a 300lb sand filter. I backwash it twice a day and test/add chlorine 3-4 times per day usually every 4-5 hours. I have a robotic filter that vacuums the bottom and walls twice a day. I am really out of ideas and need experts to chime in. Below are my latest test results before I added my SLAM dose of chlorine. I've also added DE to my skimmer multiple times, but it still doesn't seem to help

FC=4
TA=100
pH=7.0
CYA=35

Attachments

• IMG_7264.JPG
    IMG_7264.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7266.JPG
    IMG_7266.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 29
There's nothing in the pool right? Steps, ladder, etc are all removed? If so, and if it's just the pool vinyl itself, then this should be a straight-forward SLAM. You might check for wrinkles in the liner as those can hide algae. Other than that, I would confirm you still have an accurate CYA to ensure you have been maintaining the proper SLAM FC level. If your CYA is 35, round-up tp 40 (FC of 16). Deep cleaning was probably long overdue and cost you some time previously, but should definitely help now.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Opened my pool nearly two weeks ago. It was a green swamp so I got the PH down, took my CYA to 40, turned on the filter and started slamming. About a week ago it turned from green to cloudy blue and I noticed I really wasn't making much progress. Two days ago I decided to deep clean my sand filter....it needed it. It took me nearly 4 hours to get that water running out of the top of my filter to be clear to where I could see my sand. I backwashed it and fired it back up, but I still have hazy water and I am really starting to lose patience dumping 2-3 gallons of liquid chlorine into the pool everyday. I have a 18000 gallon doughboy pool with a 300lb sand filter. I backwash it twice a day and test/add chlorine 3-4 times per day usually every 4-5 hours. I have a robotic filter that vacuums the bottom and walls twice a day. I am really out of ideas and need experts to chime in. Below are my latest test results before I added my SLAM dose of chlorine. I've also added DE to my skimmer multiple times, but it still doesn't seem to help

FC=4
TA=100
pH=7.0
CYA=35
How did this work out for you, your situation sounds nearly identical to mine.

Should I remove my stairs from the pool while slamming
Oh yeah. None of them have great circulation and will keep old water sitting there festering. Once the pool is clear the algae will spread immediately like nothing ever happened.

Get them out and scrub / bleach on the lawn. Get every nook and cranny.

If any of you guys living this / following can’t get your stairs/ladder out, be it too heavy or not enough help, Move them into the middle and rotate them all around in the water. It will be easy to do with the buoyancy assisting you. Plus, it’s much easier to get into the back areas and insides when the stairs get tipped and it is now the top

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.