Lgarrett

Jul 5, 2020
Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just received my test kit and the R-0003 was not included. Hopefully be here next week Rebecca said. Can I go ahead and SLAM without the R-0003 since that is one of the C's I have to pass to finish the SLAM method? The note that was included with my test said that you can SLAM and test for CL without the R-0003 But how? Am I over looking this?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
R-0003 is needed to determine your CC. You can do all the FC testing necessary for the SLAM Process without it. You just need R-870 and R-871. Get the SLAM going.

1. Rinse the sample tube with pool water.
  2. Fill the sample tube with pool water to the 10 ml mark. The top of the sample will be curved. This curve is called a meniscus. The bottom of the meniscus should be level with the 10 ml mark.
  3. Using the small spoon shaped end of the dipper, add one heaping dipper, or two level dippers, of R-0870 and swirl to mix. If the sample turns pink for a moment and then turns clear again, or if it turns brown, add another dipper of R-0870. If the sample remains clear the entire time, your FC level is probably zero, however it is best to verify that with an OTO chlorine test, since the FAS-DPD test is prone to the occasional false zero.
  4. Swirling constantly and counting the number of drops as you go, add R-0871 one drop at a time. Continue adding drops until the color changes to clear. The pink color may become extremely faint before it goes away. Make sure that the sample goes completely clear.
  5. Multiply the number of drops by 0.5 to get your FC level.

Reactions: HermanTX

Lgarrett

Jul 5, 2020
Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thank you for your reply. I was wanting to make sure I could proceed with SLAM, since the CC is one of the criteria for the SLAM to be finished.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
If you meet the other two SLAM exit criteria before you get the R-0003 then just keep your FC elevated between your normal target and SLAM FC level until you can confirm your CC is less than 1.

Reactions: Lgarrett
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread