Hershey PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Just started a SLAM with my pool open for just over two days. Water looks cloudy but most of the organically are gone from the bottom/walls. Just got the chemistry within tolerance using the TL100 and it shows:
FC 12

I PH 7.2
TA 70
CYA 30
Salt 4600
Just added 3 gal to get the fc at 12

Will keep checking FC as this progresses

First one was after I had initially put 3 gal of 10% LC in. When I opened the cover I just wanted to put it back. The water was literally black, red and a little green. Uuuugly! It’s coming back!

Attachments

• 0715E851-7106-47B3-948D-163966850768.jpeg
    0715E851-7106-47B3-948D-163966850768.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Richard320
Pool (algae?) is EATING chlorine. Took another reading about an hour ago - in 3 hours it destroyed 3 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine ?. I am gonna have to look for some more tomorrow. I only have two gallons left. I wish I could use the SWCG to assist. It is more than double capacity for the pool. RJ60 with s 28k gal pool

Pool (algae?) is EATING chlorine. Took another reading about an hour ago - in 3 hours it destroyed 3 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine ?. I am gonna have to look for some more tomorrow. I only have two gallons left. I wish I could use the SWCG to assist. It is more than double capacity for the pool. RJ60 with s 28k gal pool
Did you, by chance, take a CC reading? If it skyrockets while FC tanks in gener clear water, that's a pretty good
You may have to.

we tout this Am to find -
FC 9
CC .5
This morning pool water very clear with some all what I would presume to be dead algae patches which were easily vacuumed. Relabeled FC back to 12 and will check again tonight to see if I can get an overnight test done.
So far so good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 5
Indeed you can. Pump is running pretty strong so the pic has a lot of distortion from the water disturbed on the surface. Water is VERY clear at this point. I think it’s working!!!

Slam seems to have worked well in a short time. I’ll bring it back to slam level of 12 (it came down by 4 ppm today which was sunny and warm). Check it in the morning to see if an exit is possible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 1

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.