SLAM; Solar Cover

Do I leave the solar cover off for SLAM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've always put the solar cover on after the last dose of chlorine each evening until the first dose in the morning because I was concerned about potential algae on the cover itself. But with a new cover, there won't be any algae clinging to the cover so I would not put it on until the SLAM is finished.

Hi, neighbor!

The solar cover should not affect OCLT. Overnight, the primary thing the solar cover does is retain the warm water in your pool.

?? Neighbor! Are you drowning on land?! Holy Hannah is it wet outside. This humidity is exactly why I don’t leave the Midwest in the summer.
Anywho... with this heat, and my thermometer being set at 84, I was worried about evaporation of the chlorine and how that’d affect my readying. I’m on day 7 of slam and it’s still a tiny tiny bit cloudy. There’s a huge difference between my CYA results in the Pool store. I’ve been going by My reading which is 50. We shall see what morning readings bring...

When the dew point is 80, salvation is the pool! Loving we don't need to be heating the water and running the A/C at the same time :)

Trust your reading for CYA. Cloudy but blue can last for a bit, but it's still OK for swimming and enjoying.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.