SLAM question

Apr 18, 2017
Grayson, KY
I bought my house last year, and was clueless about pool maintenance, so I hired the local pool store to open and close last year. After reading this site for weeks, I got the confidence I needed to do it myself this year.

I started SLAM two days ago. Water was clear, just some nastiness on the bottom. CYA was 40, so I have kept FC above 16 for the past 48 hours. Noticed that I wasn't having to add as much bleach yesterday, so I did an OCLT last night and passed (was at 18 last night and at 17.5 this morning). CC is 0.5. The water is pretty clear but just a tiny bit cloudy.

My question is can I stop slamming? Should I continue slamming just because of a little cloudiness?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you should keep slamming until the water is crystal clear to ensure you don't have to do it all over again ;)
Passing the OCLT alone is not the sole signal in a slam -- visual clarity and the absence of algae together with passing the OCLT is the winning trifecta ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.