SLAM now or wait until close / open?

atistang

Mar 16, 2021
Ohio
We have a 27' above ground we just got up and going early July. Mid July we were out of town for 5 days and came back to a green swamp. We have since gotten the water cleared up, but have frequently algae blooms. after about 3 weeks of following the pool stores advice I decided to consult the internet for answers.

I ordered a K2006 test kit as we've been using strips, and am preparing for a SLAM. Realizing this process could take upwards of a week +, we are thinking about holding off. We will be closing the pool in another 3-4 weeks, at this point is there any real reason to do a SLAM before closing the pool? Or would SLAM be better to do when we open the pool next year?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Yes, I would attempt to perform the SLAM Process before closing. If for nothing else, to make opening easier on you. Leaving the algae in the water leaves you open to persistent staining which might get frustrating next spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.