SLAM completion criteria - can't shake the CC

Oct 9, 2015
Niagara Falls
First off, applogies for not posting a full set of results. I'm waiting for my R0013 to arrive and I haven't been testing PH during SLAM.

FC 11.5
CC 1
CYA ~30 (as measured before starting slam)
CH 225
TA 60
Ph 7.3 (pre slam)

I've been in a slam for several days upon opening. I just did an OCLT and had 0ppm loss. The water is crystal clear. As good as I've ever seen it. The only missing criteria is the CC.

To be honest, I feel like the only time the CC is 0 is if I test it in the middle of a bright sunny day.

I don't use any products in the pool thst would contribute to the CC. The only thing I've added is CL and salt. I need to up the cya but figured I'd finish the SLAM first.

So my question is, how critical is that CC 0.5 or less criteria? It's never above 1, but like I said, unless I'm testing mid day, it's always there. I'm pretty confident in my testing skills.

The pool is under a tree, so there's always some leaf or something in there. Not sure if thst would really drive the CC level to 1.

Just looking for some thoughts on this one.

Sunlight is an important part of helping to process those CCs. That's one reason we tell people with pool covers to remove them at SLAM time. Not just having daylight, but the intensity can also make a difference. Not sure how hot it's gotten in your location yet, but the CC level of 1 means the chlorine is still processing something. I would stick with it just a bit longer and maintain that FC of 12. With the other 2 items passed, as soon as you test a CC of 0.5 or less, the SLAM is done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.