Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Water clear. ✅
CC =0. ✅
OCLT= .5 ppm ✅

yay seems like I can end my first slam!! I’m going to keep at slam level for at least 1 more day just to be sure!

Should I wait until FC levels are at maintenance level before bringing up my CYA to ideal range ( 70-80 ppm )currently 40 for Slam.
Thanks again to TFP for this website and the pool math app makes life a lot simpler!!

Yay indeed. (y)
I’m going to keep at slam level for at least 1 more day just to be sure!
Always the smart call. Way easier now than it was at the beginning. Do the easy part to be absolutely sure on the off chance you save yourself another hard part.

Should I wait until FC levels are at maintenance level before bringing up my CYA to ideal range ( 70-80 ppm )currently 40 for Slam
Yes. If you bring it up now it will hinder the extra days worth of SLAM efficiency. It will take time to fully mix and not go right to less action, but still. Bring it up tomorrow.

I’m going to keep at slam level for at least 1 more day just to be sure!

S,

I like your plan!! :thumleft:

This time of year there is no rush in getting your CYA up to our recommended levels.

A T9 cell is a little on the small size for your pool.. We always recommend a cell that is at least 2 x the water volume. I'm sure it will work, just make sure that you are running it long enough, and hard enough, to make the amount of chlorine your pool needs.

Thanks,

Jim R.

T9 cell is a little on the small size for your pool.. We always recommend a cell that is at least 2 x the water volume. I'm sure it will work, just make sure that you are running it long enough, and hard enough, to make the amount of chlorine your pool needs
+1000000000

please listen to your pool. We see so many folks posting that they already ran the unit for *9* hours but it’s not keeping up like it did the month before. When that happens, run it longer. Maybe even 13 hours. Whatever it needs to do the job. If you sit there and argue with it you end up below minimum with a new headache. And when all is said and done you’ll be running it longer like you should have in the first place. :)

Thanks guys,
Now that I have learned some things 😳 I agree that the t9 is probably a little small for my pool. The pool was installed in June and the t9 is rated for a 25,000 gal pool so that was the one the pool contractor said I needed(what did I know lol)
I know now that the swg wasn’t keeping up due to UV load, inadequate cya ( had to do 2 drains of 3-4 inch’s due to rain!) plus I was keeping my target FC way to low at 4!
I’m stuck with the t9 for the forceable future but at least it’s the long life version and will last a little longer at the higher percentage need to keep me at the top or a little higher of my target FC level.

I’m stuck with the t9 for the forceable future but at least it’s the long life version and will last a little longer at the higher percentage
Yup. No worries. So many folks find things out after the fact and yours is an easy fix whenever the time comes. Imagine if your goof was that you hated vinyl ? Yeah. Lol. Great job only having a smaller than preferred SWG !!

You have what you have to work with and there is no need to throw away a perfectly working unit. Now that you understand how to make it work for you, you’re sitting pretty. Next time you’ll go bigger, but with any luck that will be YEARS from now. (y)

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.