Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The pool wasn’t getting much debris so I didn’t vaccume for 2 weeks. So when I did it today I noticed for the first time green spots on floor. They wouldn’t come up without a scrub. Than when I was swimming I noticed spots here and their I missed and was able to get it off with a foot rub. Was this stuff algea ? Was my fc too low to cause this ? My water is clear , so no issues their . I’ve never experienced this before. Also it’s my first summer ever owning a pool so I don’t know if this is commit or not. Thanks for any knowledge you guys want to drop on me

Algae is always a chemistry issue, unlike brushing and vacuuming which are mechanical issues.

If you're seeing green I'd either go full fledged SLAM process now, or at least run an OCLT for confirmation.
Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

How about some test results??
FC -3.0
CC- 0
pH 7.9 ish
TA 90
CH didn’t test
CYA 30

Maddie

That 3ppm of FC is kinda low..... too easy for it to drop below your minimum level for comfort. I'd suggest taking it up to about 5ppm so if you lose 2ppm a day to sun you'll still be over minimum.

Maddie
Good idea thank you. You know what is puzzling me. If that was algea on bottom of pool. And I scrubbed it all up I’m surprised I don’t have and cc.

If you use the PoolMath app then you can set it that your test results can be accessed for easy review by the experts to provide you guidance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.