Skywalker!

Actually, given the way they ended it, it probably isn’t.

Haaaaaaaa!! I’m suprised that I’m suprised. I should know better. Even when they could still make 500 million on each spinoff/new direction film, They could make 700 million with a skywalker film. So even though it was foretold to be the end, it’s just the end today. I’ve been wondering lately also if they will end up doing more films in between the existing 9. Like Rogue1. There are lots of time gaps that could be filled in with new content.

I remember my parents saw it in 77 when it first came out. They came home and told me that I would like it so we all went the next weekend and of course I loved it. The rest is history! I also remember we had tickets to an event at the end of that same year with most of the cast including Mark Hamill, R2D2, etc that was cancelled due to the weather. Dagum Buffalo weather!!

So I just got back. It worked for me. The first 1/3 wasn't doing it and I wasn’t sure if it was too much old with the new or too much new with the old. By the midpoint I was all in. Hook line and sinker. Of course some things were cheesy. Some things were quite predictable as well, but it wouldn’t be Star Wars without those 2. I give it a 5/7 for sure.

The funniest part was what I am allowed to spoil. The previews. No joke. Top Gun. Mulan. Trolls. Bad Boys. A Quiet Place. Black Widow (which techically would be new but is still a spinoff of the dead Marvell horse).

Perks... I must be a glass half-empty kind-a-guy. I got to go to a Lockheed company "picnic" once, where they rented out the entire Great America park for just employees and family. No lines!! It was awesome. Didn't even have to get off a ride if I wanted to go again. Another time, I was lucky enough to enjoy a ball game in a box: TVs with all the replays, gourmet food, drinks, great seats, private bathroom. It was awesome.

Now I can't go to an amusement park or a baseball game without complaining about this or that. I'm ruined... :brickwall:

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The funniest part was what I am allowed to spoil. The previews. No joke. Top Gun. Mulan. Trolls. Bad Boys. A Quiet Place. Black Widow (which techically would be new but is still a spinoff of the dead Marvell horse).

If they do live-action Mulan without Eddie Murphy doing the voice-over for a CGI’d moo-shu , then it will be a total FAIL in my opinion. I loved the original cartoon version and my daughter has Mulan in her top-5 favorite Disney Princesses. But, Disney will shoot themselves in the foot if they don’t include moo-shu.

Disney will shoot themselves in the foot if they don’t include moo-shu.

There was definately one in the preview but it looked more butt whoopin CGI fire dragon than joking sidekick. I took my 11 yo daughter to see the movie today. Was telling the 14yo daughter about my 1st sight of Mulan (she is still a big fan of it) and she said it was going to be a serious, non musical movie. So she was so happy at first when it was announced a while ago, but now that she has read up on it, has no desire to see it.

There was definately one in the preview but it looked more butt whoopin CGI fire dragon than joking sidekick. I took my 11 yo daughter to see the movie today. Was telling the 14yo daughter about my 1st sight of Mulan (she is still a big fan of it) and she said it was going to be a serious, non musical movie. So she was so happy at first when it was announced a while ago, but now that she has read up on it, has no desire to see it.

They did a terrible job on Beauty & The Beast as well as The Lion King in live-action. Aladdin was good. They’ll probably screw up more of their live-action attempts than succeed but the economics are in their favor. All they need is one or two billion-dollar winners and they can screw up all the rest....

They did a terrible job on Beauty & The Beast as well as The Lion King in live-action. Aladdin was good. They’ll probably screw up more of their live-action attempts than succeed but the economics are in their favor. All they need is one or two billion-dollar winners and they can screw up all the rest....

I waited about 50 years for some studio to do a proper Princess of Mars (which Disney released as "John Carter"). One of my all time favorite stories. It was 10 books by Edgar Rice Burroughs, arguably one of the all-time biggest influences on science fiction (Burroughs = Tarzan Series, Martian Series, many others). Modern movie makers are still "borrowing" ideas and concepts from Burroughs. Star Wars certainly did.

I was excited for years after I found out they were finally making the Martian Series, which, because of the aliens' descriptions, could only be done justice with sophisticated CGI. Man, did Disney butcher those books. They completely re-wrote the stories, mashing together several of the series' books into one big unrecognizable mess, then adding unnecessary Hollywood science fiction gimmicks and gizmos, not to mention completely altering the lead characters' personalities.

Sorry, ranting. We could have had several amazing movies from that franchise, but because Disney didn't trust Burroughs enough to just bring his stories to life, instead re-writing them beyond recognition, the result was a box office bust. They'll never make another, and probably no other studio ever will either. :mad:

Last edited:
I didn't enjoy the last two SW movies very much. It was obvious from they way they used Carrie Fisher that a lot of re-writing needed to be done, however they should have just cut their losses and found a way to explain her having died off screen and concentrated on tightening up the story in this one. I don't want to rant too much because some folks may not have seen it yet and most of my rant would spoil everything!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.