Skimmer not pulling

Jaymac21

May 21, 2019
Norwood
Opened my pool and it’s only 2 years old. Skimmer for vacuuming is not pulling. I shut down the pool and closed the ball valve for main drain and skimmer. Used a blower to blow line out. Water shot out the other side so looks like it’s clear. I have a blow out cut in after the ball valve. After that I opened the ball valve and blew line from pump through ball valve and did blow out but not as strong. Could my ball valve not be opening all the way or whatever is in the be stuck in there?

I'm not picturing your setup.

It sounds like it blows backwards good, but not so good in the normal direction? If so, you could well have a wad of leaves or even a matchbox car or something similar (people have extracted matchbox cars from jandy valves here) stuck by the valve or at a bend .One way loosens it, the other drives it tighter. Maybe try running a plumber's snake through?

What type of filter do you have? What is your filter pressure?

We need a rundown of your pool equipment in your signature. See What we need to know to answer your questions

How many skimmers do you have? If you turned off your main drain and the pump gets water then your skimmer line works. You need to look elsewhere then your skimmer pipes for your vacuum problem.

Pics of your equipment and vacuum setup may help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.