Skimmer Liner Leak

Jun 13, 2018
New Castle, DE
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Screws won't tighten on the skimmer plate. Sheet metal wall behind skimmer rusted out. Need to stop the leak. Do I drill new holes between the existing screws, or remove the screws and replace with bolts? I will make four piece backing plate to sandwich the liner. I've lowered the water lever below the skimmer. I will pull the deck up again and dig the sand out from around the skimmer to access it.

If you have access & will make a new plate perhaps you can screw/bolt that to the existing wall then attach the skimmer just as it was designed to the plate with all the existing holes. Definitely new gaskets needed & silicone needed but you don’t want to make new holes in the liner & leave the original ones empty so using the original ones would be best. Are you able to pull the liner out enough to access the wall so you can secure the plate you make from inside the pool?

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.