Skimmer Installation

Smiles79

May 22, 2019
Missouri
I was working on installing the skimmer on my above ground pool, and accidentally did it wrong. I didn't attach the actual basket part to the widemouth part before mounting to the pool wall, so I only had access to the screws on the side, 4 in total, and not the screws on top. I really don't want to take it back off for fear of tearing the liner. Will this leak or will it be ok?

Attachments

• PXL_20220622_014400169.jpg
    PXL_20220622_014400169.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 9
After thinking on this a little bit, my only possible issue would be water leaking from that joint because I didn't get a good seal all the way around. The part was held on tight, so I just used some silicone to seal the joint.

Update: I either didn't use the correct kind of caulk, or I just didn't do a very good job because I had dripping water out of a few spots. I drained the water below the skimmer, dug out the caulk, and used some Lexel silicone. I think that stuff will work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.