Gold Supporter
May 12, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
my skimmer handle broke but the basket is good. i have been looking for a way to remove basket without sticking my hand in spiderland and found this thread here.
EZ way to remove skimmer basket

so i made a similar handle. now when i open the skimmer cover, there is usually a big spider sitting on top of the handle waiting for me. lol.

a couple of notes on the handle.
my basket was a generic one, not hayward brand. the old handle had 3/16 in diameter pins instead of the very small pins on the hayward, so making the longer steel handle in the referenced thread was a little easier. found some 3/16 ss rod at Metal Supermarket just down the road and made my handle. The length of the pins that fit into the basket holes need to be short enough to allow the basket to sit down completely into the cavity. i made them too long initially and had to squeeze the handles a little until the basket sat down. that was a pain, so i had to grind the pins a little so they would fit properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.