Skimmer Basket Position

M Rosen

Aug 12, 2021
I have a skimmer basket model-B-43 that has a leg for support. Does it matter how this basket is positioned to get water suctioned to the pump filter basket? Also should I see water swirling in the pump filter basket when on. Sometimes I check when on and find water being draw to the skimmer basket and good suction but I don't see water in the pump filter basket?

ferretbone

In The Industry
May 24, 2016
tx
Yeap face tthe bottom side of the basket so its not covering your hole at the bottom of the skimmer. If there are two holes only one hole is pulling water going to the pump. Don't cover that one with the flat part of your basket.
Part two, your pump basket could be fully primed with no air and you dont know its primed, or your water levels are low and you skimmer turns into a water fall for a second then fills up and repeats. Thats low water levels, or a stuck "skimmer flap, trap, or weir."

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread