Jurate1

Apr 22, 2021
Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone, we are totally new pool owners. I am having a great deal of difficulty achieving the correct balance between getting the pool vacuum to work and the pool skimmer. I have attached pictures of my current diverter valve settings. If I turn the valve to increase flow on the skimmer the pool vacuum does not work. If I decrease the flow on the skimmer to get the vacuum to work then the flow to the skimmer is so low the debris is not circulating to the skimmer. I have a Halyard vacuum. I have tried to place the valves half way as most video's suggest but it just does not give the skimmer enough pressure. I'm not sure if there is something else I am suppose to adjust? Diverter is clear. All filters clean. Pool jet's are flowing. PSI apx 25. Pentair and Jandy equipment. What else am I suppose to do? We have several large Mesquite tree's that cause a lot of debris in the pool. See attached. We have a relatively small pool. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Valves1.jpg
    Valves1.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Valves2.jpg
    Valves2.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Pentair.jpg
    Pentair.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to TFP.

Vacuuming to the filter can be problematic on some pool setups.

The best answer is to get a Dolphin robot cleaner. Many folks here get great deals and service from Margaret at Marina Pool, Spa & Patio in Lakewood CO.

A robot cleaner will clean your pool better then you ever will with a vacuum setup.

Reactions: mknauss
J,

When was the last time you actually cleaned your cartridge filter? Looks like a pretty small filter to me. :(

I don't know that you have anything "wrong" with your system other than what you expect it to do..

You can only force so much water through a very small filter and then your heater at one time.

Tell us what specific cleaner you have, or post a pic.. We may have a few suction cleaner guys left that might have some ideas...

The rest of us have low voltage robot cleaner and do not need to run our pumps to clean our pools.

Does your skimmer have an operating weir door?? This little door floats up and down with the level of the water, and is what makes a skimmer... skim...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi all, I solved my problem. After weeks with poor suction and complaining to two different pool guys I replaced the Pentair 150 pool filter myself and fired the pool guy. I had a Weir door installed. My suction now is great.. Haylard Vacuum is working as it should be. I apologize but I did not know anyone had responded to my previous post. I thought I would receive an alert. I did have one problem. The filter lid was impossible to get off.. I finally had to use pressure to blow the top off while holding lid. I know that's not the right way but I just could not get it off.... Everyone says it is suppose to just lift off. Did not work for me.... Thanks everyone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.