Site logging me out

Paul & Crystal

Silver Supporter
May 25, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Hello,

Is there a way to change the amount of time you can be on the site before it logs you out automatically. I am finding that while I am reading through a longer thread, the site logs me off and I have to log back in to continue my reading of other info.

Thanks!

Crystal

By any chance are you accessing the forum via an older bookmark? If so, can you update your bookmark to HTTPS rather than HTTP? More information can be found at the link below,
Issue Logging In

Let me know if that addresses the issue.

It's been my experience that this sort of oddity on a computer-based browser (that doesn't occur on the same account with a different browser) ends up being a cache or cookie based problem.

OP, try clearing your cache and cookies in your browser on the problematic computer, shut the browser down completely and then restart it, login again being sure to check the "remember me" box, and see what happens.

Well...It has not logged me out while reading a thread again...maybe that was just a one off or user error ;) or maybe clearing the cookies and cache helped. But now I am finding that every time I go to log on...the first time tells me that I have an error called invalid redirect...then I try again and it lets me in. Not a huge deal, but thought techies might like to know.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's very likely the history dropdown is directing you to the HTTP page. I will look later tonight how to update this in Firefox once I get home.

Here's what you do.

Start by typing "tr" just like you always do in your address bar. When troublefreepool pops up, click the down arrow on the right side of the address bar (it'll be next to the little circular refresh page icon). Use your mouse or down arrows to highlight the troublefreepool.com entry. Once highlighted, hold down shift and press delete. This will remove the entry for troublefreepool from the dropdown. Now go to the site again, and next time it shows up, it will be the most current URL.

Let us know if you have any problems or confusion.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.