Single Body Plumbing Question

uvavi8r

Gold Supporter
Aug 8, 2020
Falls Church, VA
11K pool, one skimmer, main drain, 3 returns (one will be a massage jet)...equipment setup will be VS/VF pump, cartridge filter, SWG, heater...my question.

In most of the diagrams I have seen there is a check valve between the heater & SWG (I understand why), do I need a check valve before the pump? As well, the check valve I have already purchased is the Flo-Vis check valve...if I am putting 2 check valves in, where is the best location for the flow meter (before the SWG or before the pump)?

Thanks

You really don't need a check valve after the heater. The SWG does not produce chlorine when the pump is off so it is a non issue for SWGs. Also, you only need a check valve after the filter if you plan on using solar heating.

Aviator,

Flow gauges are just not needed in most cases.. Since you already own it, I would put it between the pump and the filter..

As Mark points out, the check valve after a heater is only needed if you had a tab feeder, which can bleed acid back into the heater.. This is not a problem with a SWCG, so it is not needed or even recommended.

I would want 4 pool returns, one on each "wall" of the pool. Their whole job is to move the pool water like a large flushing toilet bowl, but obviously much, much slower.

Good luck with your new pool,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.