Simple Barn light over pump

pancakemaker99

May 22, 2020
Toronto
Hello all.

Just had my pool completed and have installed an Omnilogic control system. I have a simple standard 120v spare barn light that I would like to install over the pump. Just looking for some light for late night clean out etc.

Question: Can I just hook this up to one of the spare high voltage relays in the Omnilogic and then control (possibly with timers too etc) from the app? I would assume technically I can - but is there any reason I wouldn't/shouldn't?

Thanks
Bill

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Hello all.

Just had my pool completed and have installed an Omnilogic control system. I have a simple standard 120v spare barn light that I would like to install over the pump. Just looking for some light for late night clean out etc.

Question: Can I just hook this up to one of the spare high voltage relays in the Omnilogic and then control (possibly with timers too etc) from the app? I would assume technically I can - but is there any reason I wouldn't/shouldn't?

Thanks
Bill
My various 120V lighting by the pool is controlled on two relays in my ProLogic panel. I change the "on" time as the sunset time changes since mine is not location/sunset smart. Per the name, OmniLogic should have a sunset option.