Signing Contract soon! Central Nebraska Pool Build

Update to my pool build! Yesterday, I finished the work to get my electrical service cable relocated and I completed the back fill. Met with the pool builder today and went over the construction plan. Tomorrow, we will be painting the dig plan into the yard. Excavation should start on Thursday. He also was able to give me some documentation from the manufacturer that shows the pool volume at 17000 gallons down from my estimation on 21000 gallons. Things are getting exciting around my house. I'll be posting pictures of the dig soon!

Reactions: jeflogan
Let the MUD/DIRT/DUST begin!!

As soon as they say they are done digging you have your first build job. Go out with your plans and a tape measure. Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. Is it deep, wide, long, etc enough?

Kim:kim:

We are getting very excited. Talking with my contractor led me to believe we will have water in this bad boy by Thursday!!!!

Here is my view today off the back deck. Looking forward to the day we are swimming in it’s beautiful balanced water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 40
Vermiculite floor is poured. They’re working on the final sanding of the floor and planning to install the liner today. Water is going to start running tonight!

Attachments

• 1BCE6374-218F-4DF4-B163-704BC05C86B9.jpeg
    1BCE6374-218F-4DF4-B163-704BC05C86B9.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 47

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Floor is finished and the liner is installed. I absolutely love the liner. Our contractor tried to talk us out of this liner because he had never installed it before but once it was installed and started filling he told me he wished more of his customers would choose this liner because he loved it. We were able to fill it up to a few inches below the light niches. Once the electrical inspection has been performed we will be able to finish filling it up. I've had my dolphin run the pool a few times to keep the water moving until the plumbing is done. Did I mention how AWESOME that dolphin is!

MJTA9459.JPG

We got the plumbing done and the pump fired up last night. So happy to finally have filtration. The water was getting a bit cloudy. I talked the contractor into allowing me to manage chemistry from here. I loaded up 30 ppm of CYA last night via the sock method. It’s now done dissolving. Brought the FC up to 12 last night. I tested it again at 5 AM and was at 11, so I decided to keep at SLAM level throughout today and do an OCLT tonight. Water is real clear.

I haven’t tested CYA yet, figured I’d give it through today to mix completely.

We are working on getting the ground ready for concrete. If the weather holds out we should be pouring the decking on Tuesday. D68DF456-41E1-46D5-8FE2-4DEBC64C2035.jpeg

Attachments

• 63F9D920-726A-4C31-A812-B6D4B48EBC00.jpeg
    63F9D920-726A-4C31-A812-B6D4B48EBC00.jpeg
    720.8 KB · Views: 107

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.