Signed Contract - Pool Build Thread - N San Antonio Texas

Yeah, they did. They said since it was 50 when they applied it everything should be good. It is getting down to 32 tonight, but it's been curing awhile.

Acid Wash and fill tomorrow! Still waiting on the cool deck sub to apply that and that should be the last thing. Almost there!

ecGJYiS.jpg

Looks good so far! If they had not I was going to say there is nothing wrong with waiting until the spring and higher temps to do the plaster.

When they start adding water make sure there is a sock or such on the end of the hoses. This will keep the metal end off your pretty plaster and also serve as a filter of sorts. Make sure the hose ends are sitting on the lowest part of the pool so the water does not flow down in a stream. It could cause a channel if that happens.

Once the water starts do NOT stop it!!!! If the water stops before it reaches the waterline tile it could cause a ring in the plaster :(

When the water starts take a pic of your water meter. Try to limit the house water use making notes of when it is used and try to guesstimate the other use. Then do the math when it is full. That will give you a great start on knowing the gal size of your pool!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PB came and got everything up and running. Attached a couple of pictures. They also put in some chemicals and I tested it this evening. pH seems really low, and the TA really high. Also no CYA yet. They are contracted to maintain it for the first month. Should I just let them do their thing or add some CYA?

FC - 1.5
pH - 6.8
TA - 170
CH - 300
CYA - 0

6EmNPSK.jpg
mTfg6sy.jpg

That water color is very pretty!!!

I would not leave the new plaster/water care up to the PB. They tend to come in once a week and do mass additions to the water in hopes it will hold for the week until they come back.

TA is not a worry yet. The pH will rise fast with new plaster. Keep checking every day to keep an eye on it. As y you lower the pH the TA will also be pushed down.

CYA-do they have any pucks or tablets in the pool? If so they will add CYA slowly. They will also help keep the pH down some as they are acidic.

Kim:kim:

I’m not home until tomorrow but I’ll take some closeups. But yes they are recessed and flushed with the deck.

It’s not easy. You need some muscles for the pulley but I have the basic one. My wife and I took it off though in less than 5 minutes. About 5 to put it on. Much quicker than I thought. Would recommend.

I’m not home until tomorrow but I’ll take some closeups. But yes they are recessed and flushed with the deck.

It’s not easy. You need some muscles for the pulley but I have the basic one. My wife and I took it off though in less than 5 minutes. About 5 to put it on. Much quicker than I thought. Would recommend.

awesome feedback thanks

i just found this old review too

Katchakid net Review

I think you and the other post have me sold

Did you get the winter leaf cover attachment as well?

awesome feedback thanks

i just found this old review too

Katchakid net Review

I think you and the other post have me sold

Did you get the winter leaf cover attachment as well?

No I didnt. We have two trees that shed for 4 weeks in the late fall and early winter. Ill just use the net during that time. It is a good system for peace of mind. We have 3 kids, one swimmer, one so so and one toddler.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you mind sharing how much the Katchakid cost? Just for future reference?

Maddie :flower:

My widest points are 32x18 and it cost $1919 with everything included. Brass anchors, roller, and pulley.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.